Yes, you read that correctly having a chair massage in your office can actually make your customers happier. Often we think of services like chair massage to be something that only benefits employees but you and I both know when our employees are taken care of our customers are taken care of.
So let’s talk about why that happens. Massage in the workplace has been shown to reduce stress, increase focus, reduce pain and improve an employees’ sense of well-being. This can lead to increased productivity, improved moral, teamwork and better customer care.
Workplace stress is costing employers time and money.
- 40% of workers reported their job was very or extremely stressful (1)
- 25% view their jobs as the number one stressor in their lives (1)
- Three fourths of employees believe that workers have more on-the-job stress than a generation ago (1)
- 29% of workers felt quite a bit or extremely stressed at work (1)
- 26 percent of workers said they were “often or very often burned out or stressed by their work” (1)
- Job stress is more strongly associated with health complaints than financial or family problems (1)
Employees calling in sick because of stress tripled from 1996 to 2000. Stress can cause illness and pain. Being sick or in pain take away from solid customer care, attention to detail and overall job performance.
Occupational pressures are believed responsible for:
- 30% of workers suffering from back pain ((1)
- 28% complaining of “stress” (1)
- 20% feeling fatigued (1)
- 13% with headaches (1)
Take a minute to stop and think about how well you perform when you don’t feel well or are in pain. Stress and pain take away the ability to focus on the things we love.
The good news is that offering chair massage in your office on a regular basis can help reduce workplace stress and the costs associated with it.
To reduce workplace stress employers are encouraged to:
- Praise good work performance verbally and organization-wide. (2)
- Show that individual workers are valued and appreciated and that job stress is taken seriously. (2)
Chair massage is the perfect way to praise good work performance verbally and organization-wide. Bringing in a team of massage therapists to take care of your staff after a big deadline or particularly stressful event can help employees to feel like their hard work has been recognized and appreciated. Having massage offered in the office on a regular basis can keep stress levels down so those deadlines aren’t so stressful to begin with.
I don’t know what shows workers that they are valued and appreciated and that their job stress is taken seriously more than bringing massage into the office.
Our massage therapists are trained to teach employees stress management techniques as well as stretches to help to decrease pain. Massage itself has been shown to reduce hormones related to stress and increase hormones related to a feeling of well-being. (3)
Bringing chair massage into your office can be a cost effective way to decrease stress and pain and increase customer care and employees’ job satisfaction. All of this can go a long way in improving the overall performance of your company
Big or small, Discover Massage is here to help your employees manage stress and pain so they can focus on the things they love. We customize care for any size organization. Call or email to see how we can support your staff today.