Diane began her career in massage at Southwest Illinois Community College in 2000 after massage helped her manage joint pain and fatigue experienced with misdiagnosed hypothyroid issues.
During this time Diane was also receiving Craniosacral Therapy. She was having migraines daily after experiencing a physical and emotional trauma. CranioSacral Therapy got rid of the headaches and calmed her system, helping her work through the emotional healing as well.
After taking Craniosacral Therapy 1 in 2005, Diane knew that this technique would become a major part of her work as a massage therapist. Since 2005 Diane has taken 6 courses from the Upledger Institute including Craniosacral Therapy 1 & 2, Somatic Emotional Release 1 & 2, Pediatric Craniosacral Therapy and Working with the Brain.
Diane loves working with children because they respond so quickly to Craniosacral treatment. She also enjoy working with adults and children who have experienced trauma because they need help and hope and have often run into brick walls in the medical community. Diane has a deep and personal understanding of their frustration and loves that she can offer a non-invasive, drug-free potential solution.
When she’s not at work you can find Diane camping, hiking and biking with her husband. She also loves to sew, but don’t tell anyone because they might want her to make something!!
Diane is a good fit for you if you:
- Want an integrative approach to massage
- Experience trauma or PTSD
- Like light to medium pressure
Why we love Diane
- Has such positive and calming energy. She has a wealth of knowledge and peacefulness that she brings to the table.
- Disarming and intuitive, friendly and focused; she has the years of experience to provide a session that satisfies the needs of the body as well as the mind
- Quiet understanding and an understated joy that she shares with everyone.
- She is a calming force with skilled touch. She always creates a space where you feel totally accepted to be yourself.